One of biggest benefits customers share when coming to #CeridianINSIGHTS is the opportunity to network, connect and learn from peers. This year was no different, and during one of the breakout sessions at #CeridianINSIGHTS, four Ceridian customers shared implementation best practices they’ve learned to help others ensure a maximum return on their investment.
On the panel were Mark Van Der Hulst, Operations Performance Analyst at Europ Assistance; Paul Landgraf, Director of HR Services at Guardian Industries Corp.; Debbie Harrison, HR Generalist at Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA; and Kevin Brennan, Project Manager at Sugar Creek Packing Co.
Challenges from the front lines
Customers like Europ Assistance, a travel insurance and assistance company, were piled under paper and daily emails prior to implementing Dayforce HCM. The Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA faced manual work-arounds and inputing data into multiple systems. Others like Guardian Industries Corp. were challenged by operating more than 17 payroll systems across 19 countries.
Lessons learned to ensure a successful implementation
Each panelist gained significant perspective and lessons to share after completing their implementations. Below is a summary of their best advice for other customers going through an implementation:
- Communicate widely, early and often; gain involvement at all levels and ensure resource commitment
- Understand the project scope – recognize what needs to be done now and what can be done later
- Ensure that you have a central project manager; if you need to, hire a temporary consultant to help with this job
- First learn the system, and then configure it to your needs
- Know what you’re getting when you sign up, and make sure everyone on the project team is on the same page
- Test, test, test and continuously document what’s happening (or not happening) with screen shots
- Leverage the Ceridian Consulting Services team. Kevin Brennan from Sugar Creek found this to be so beneficial that he says, “If I were an executive at Ceridian, I wouldn’t let this be an optional process; it would be a requirement.” The Professional Services team at Ceridian helped Sugar Creek gain a better understanding of their current processes so they could make more strategic business decisions going forward.
Lastly, the panelists recommended connecting with other customers and peers by joining the Ceridian XOXO group. The benefit of networking and talking with people who are going through the same things you’re going through can save time and offer helpful support.